- Work type: Permanent Full-time, 9-day fortnight
- Location: Gayndah
Why work with us?
There really is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
Work-life balance, this role offers a 9-day fortnight allowing you to enjoy our beautiful rural location, and relaxed natural environment, while having the space and freedom to explore your potential.
Community and connection, find a sense of belonging and build authentic and meaningful relationships within our close-knit communities.
Affordable living, enjoy a lower cost of living and better housing affordability.
Rural lifestyle, enjoy the rural landscapes, clean air, and laid-back atmosphere.
Rewarding career, this is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced accounting professional to join the Financial Services Team and support the Senior Accountant to provide quality financial and project accounting services to the organisation.
Additionally, this role will have a strong focus on Council’s fixed asset accounting requirements and will be responsible for taking ownership of, updating, and maintaining the Fixed Asset Register ensuring compliance with accounting standards and reporting requirements.
To be successful in this role you will have relevant tertiary qualifications to Degree level and/ or undertaking formal qualifications relevant to the work area with extensive relevant experience.
Chartered Accountant or CPA Australia qualification would be highly desirable.
You will welcome the variety in your role and embrace opportunities to undertake challenging projects.
You will have strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage tasks to meet deadlines.
You will value working in a team environment, having strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure any completed projects are capitalised in a timely manner.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior Accountant in the delivery of key financial processes including, but not limited to:
- Consolidate financial data for reporting to Council, Executive Management and other Government Departments in accordance with Council and legislative requirements;
- Maintain the Fixed Asset Register;
- Partner and engage with key finance and operational stakeholders to develop, generate and implement standard and customised reports;
- Develop and implement controls to ensure Council’s compliance with accounting standards and principles, and relevant legislative requirements, regulations and Council Policies
- Maintenance of Council’s finance system, including support and troubleshooting for end users;
- Collaborate in the development of the Annual Budget, monitoring and reporting.
- Provide high quality customer service with specialist financial advice, analysis and technical assistance to stakeholders.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
- Relocation assistance applicable to some roles
Applications close: 10:00pm, Thursday 30 November 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Linda from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Burnett Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.