- A rewarding career supporting the North Burnett community
- Attractive hourly rate and employment conditions (from $32.38 to $33.92 per hour) plus casual loading
- Training & development opportunities
- Monto, Eidsvold, Mount Perry, Biggenden, Gayndah, Mundubbera
At the North Burnett Regional Council, we are looking for enthusiastic and community minded individuals to join our Customer Service & Library Team on a casual basis to provide support for planned and unplanned leave. These positions will be based across the region and are valuable to the organisation, linking our community with a range of Council & Library services, and community information.
Our preferred candidates will be highly motivated with a love of interacting with and serving our community, bring a flair for customer service and possess excellent communication skills to liaise with a broad range of people. No specific library experience is required. Induction training and ongoing development will be provided to ensure you grow a broad knowledge of all Council services and ensure we continue to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Some key duties are:
- Assisting customers resolve a range of enquiries about Council services including completing applications, payments (rates, dog registrations), and service requests
- Delivering library programs to the community such as First 5 Forever Storytime and School Holiday Workshops
- Assisting with and promoting Council run community events and activities
- Developing a strong knowledge of all things Council and supporting our community to have a memorable customer experience with us each and every time.
To be successful you will bring the following:
- A proven ability to provide a quality customer experience with excellent interpersonal skills face to face and over the phone
- A proven ability to work successfully in a team, contributing ideas and supporting team goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary administrative practices and the use of computer software including the MS Office Suite of products
- Current C class drivers’ licence (or higher)
- Ability to understand and follow work practices and procedures
- Eligible to obtain and hold a current Working with Children Blue Card
Experience within Local Government, relevant qualifications and/ or experience within a similar setting is desirable, however a strong customer service ethos, motivation to serve the community, a love of learning and drive to contribute to the team is paramount to success in this role.
Applications close: Monday, 19 June 2023
For enquiries relating to this role please do not hesitate to contact the People and Performance team on 1300 696 272 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.