- Gayndah, Mundubbera, Eidsvold, Monto, Biggenden & Mount Perry
- Attractive hourly rate and employment conditions (from $30.96 to $32.44 per hour) plus casual loading
- Professional development opportunities
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking enthusiastic and community minded individuals to join our Customer Service & Library Team to deliver relief administrative and customer service support to our centres across the region. This is an on-call casual role to assist with backfill for our existing staff when they are on planned and unplanned leave and you may be asked to work at short notice.
The position of Administration Officer (Customer Service and Library) is valuable to the organisation, linking our community with a range of Local Government services, information, and library services. Our preferred candidates will be highly motivated with a love of interacting with and serving the community, bring a flair for customer service and possess excellent communication skills to liaise with a broad range of people.
No specific library experience is required as training and development to gain specific knowledge and skills relevant to the position will be provided to successful applicants who understand and can deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Some key duties are:
- Assisting customers resolve a range of enquiries regarding Local Government services including completing applications, payments, and service requests
- Delivering library programs to the community such as First 5 Forever Storytime and School Holiday Workshops
- Assisting with and promoting Council run community events and activities
- Developing a strong knowledge of all things Council and supporting our community to interact with us
To be successful you will bring the following:
- A proven ability to provide a quality customer experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with our community face to face and over the phone
- Work successfully in a team environment, contributing ideas and supporting the achievement of team goals.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contemporary administrative practices and the use of computer software including the MS Office Suite of products.
- Current C class drivers’ licence (or higher)
- Ability to follow work practices and procedures
- Current Working with Children Blue Card, or ability to acquire same.
Experience within Local Government, relevant qualifications and/ or experience within a similar setting is desirable, however a strong customer service ethos, motivation to serve the community and drive to contribute to the team is paramount to success in this role.
For any enquiries relating to this role please do not hesitate to contact the People and Performance team on 1300 696 272.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.