- Permanent, full-time position
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9-day fortnight and generous leave provisions
An exciting opportunity is now available for a self-motivated and forward-thinking Administration Officer to join the People and Performance team. We are seeking an experienced administrator who will provide confidential, professional, and efficient administrative support the People & Performance Manager and wider People and Performance team, in the delivery of Human Resource, Payroll and Work Health and Safety services to the organisation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the coordination and administration of staff training and development.
- Assist with recruitment and selection, including arrange interviews and pre-employment medicals, and the preparation, distribution, and follow-up of employment documentation.
- Maintenance of employee records and the Human Resource Information System (HRIS), WHS management system and internal service request ticketing system.
- Provide data entry and administrative support to the payroll function.
- Delivery of effective and quality customer service to Council’s workforce.
The successful candidate will be a team player, with knowledge of and experience with Human Resource, Training and Development and Work Health and Safety and/ or Local Government practices being an advantage. You will have strong attention to detail and the ability to exercise sound judgement, initiative, confidentiality, and sensitivity in the performance of your work.
To be successful you will bring the following:
- Unrestricted C class driver’s license.
- Attention to detail and ability to perform work with a high level of accuracy.
- Well-developed time management skills – with a strong ability to self-manage on a day-to-day basis to meet deadlines.
- Tertiary qualifications or undertaking formal qualifications relevant to Human Resources/ Training will be highly regarded.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter (no more than two pages), detailing your reason/s for applying for the position and how your work experience, skills and knowledge meet the key responsibilities and position requirements.
- A current resume that summarises your employment history, education and training as well as referees.
- A copy of your current drivers licence, and relevant qualifications and certificates
- A completed Position Application Form
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.