ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (RM WILLIAMS AUSTRALIAN BUSH LEARNING CENTRE)
- Maximum-term position until June 2022
- Looking for candidates willing to work full-time or part-time in job share arrangement
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking enthusiastic and passionate individuals who can assist with the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the RM Williams Australian Bush Learning Centre. This position requires a highly motivated person with a flair for customer service. As you will be working with external and internal customers, being a team player with excellent communication skills is a must.
- Carry out general administrative functions relevant to the work area which are compliant with Council’s policies and procedures.
- Assist with the development, co-ordination and implementation of specific programs and activities to promote North Burnett tourism, RMWABLC resources, services, and events.
- Process telephone and over the counter transactions, daily banking, collections from and bookings for RMWABLC facilities.
- Provision of hospitality services and general duties in relation to the presentation and maintenance of the facility.
- Liaising with external stakeholders (e.g. artists, tour guides, volunteer groups).
- Managing a calendar of bookings for the gallery space and liaising with artists to confirm bookings and coordinate set up and removal of exhibitions.
- Records management – in line with organisational requirements (document management)
- Purchasing – administered in line with Council procurement standards, e.g. purchase orders
Qualifications, Personal Attributes and Experience:
- A ‘bush ambassador’ who will enjoy sharing the stories of the centre and delivers ‘country hospitality’ to all visitors.
- Providing visitor information is a significant part of this role, so local area knowledge or willingness to acquire will be highly regarded.
- Ability to multi-task in a customer focussed environment
- Self-motivated and able to set and meet goals
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Experienced with cash handling
- Willingness to participate in the weekend roster
Training and development to gain specific knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 1300 696 272.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Thursday 2 December 2021
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.