- Work type: Full-time Permanent
- Location: Monto
- 9-day fortnight
- Commuter use vehicle
Why work with us?
There really is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
Work-life balance, this role offers an 9-day fortnight allowing you to enjoy our beautiful rural location, and relaxed natural environment, while having the space and freedom to explore your potential.
Community and connection, find a sense of belonging and build authentic and meaningful relationships within our close-knit communities.
Affordable living, enjoy a lower cost of living and better housing affordability.
Rural lifestyle, enjoy the rural landscapes, clean air, and laid-back atmosphere.
Rewarding career, this is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
Reporting to the Civil Works Manager, the Civil Works Coordinator is an instrumental position, responsible for co-ordinating vital civil construction, maintenance, and capital works programs and projects with the aim of delivering quality outcomes in line with Council’s corporate and operational plans and budget across the northern part of our shire.
You will be an experienced leader with a background in civil works, civil construction, or civil engineering with demonstrated ability developing and coordinating works and resourcing across civil crews.
You will be a strong communicator, with ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders at both strategic and operational levels.
Additionally, you will have relevant qualifications and experience as outlined in the position description.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Actively develop, maintain, and control the construction and maintenance programs and projects to ensure they are delivered to meet quality standards.
- Cost management, WH&S management and project management.
- Ensure all team members operate effectively and positively contribute at every level – this will include identifying skills development requirements, implementing induction and onboarding procedures and on-the-job training.
- Assist with the delivery of on-the-job training including toolbox talks.
- Be available after hours on a rostered basis for attendance at emergencies and other situations requiring after hours attention.
- Assist in the preparation, production and review of the annual budget and operational plan relevant to the work area.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
- Relocation assistance applicable to some roles
Applications close: 10:00pm, Thursday 30 November 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Allan Hull (Manager Civil Works) on 0477 190 344 or Linda Donnelly from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
Due to the nature of these roles, the successful candidates will be physically fit and able to satisfactorily pass Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodation / housing – the North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/rental accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.