- Full-time, Permanent position
- Working an 8-day fortnight
- Commuter use vehicle for use within the region
- Attractive salary with employer contributing up to 12% Super
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Monto/Eidsvold
Why work with us?
There really is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
Work-life balance, this role offers an 8-day fortnight allowing you to enjoy our beautiful rural location, and relaxed natural environment, while having the space and freedom to explore your potential.
Community and connection, find a sense of belonging and build authentic and meaningful relationships within our close-knit communities.
Affordable living, enjoy a lower cost of living and better housing affordability.
Rural lifestyle, enjoy the rural landscapes, clean air, and laid-back atmosphere.
Rewarding career, this is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a Civil Works Supervisor to lead multi-skilled teams in the construction of new Council, Private and Main Roads works, and the maintenance of existing services and structures in connection with roads, drainage and footpaths with an emphasis on reactive type works and traffic management devices.
Based in Monto/Eidsvold and reporting to the Civil Works Coordinator (North), this is an important role in ensuring works are delivered to a high safety and quality standards in accordance with works programs, budgets and timeframes.
You will have the ability to provide effective supervision and leadership to your team, ensuring a cohesive working environment.
You will have a background and relevant qualifications in Civil Construction with experience in scheduling works and service delivery.
Additionally, you will have a key focus and thorough understanding of safe work practices.
Plant operator competencies (RII) on some or all of the following; Backhoe, Excavator, Skid Steer Loader, Loader and Grader, along with experience in Local Government would also be advantageous.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Completion of construction and maintenance works in accordance with the program and within budget.
- Assist the Manager and other internal stakeholders, with the administration and reporting functions, including cost management, WH&S management and project management.
- Assist the Manager and other internal stakeholders, in the scheduling and delivery of services within the civil construction area.
- Ensure work sites, depots, plant, and equipment are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Provide effective supervision and leadership to the team, and oversee work completed by contractors.
- Participate in training and professional development to maintain contemporary Civil Construction knowledge, skills, and qualifications.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
- Relocation assistance applicable to some roles
Applications close: 10:00pm, Thursday 30 November 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Linda from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Burnett Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.