EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT (WORKS)
- Permanent, Full-time
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9-day fortnight and generous leave provisions
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Mundubbera
Council is seeking to recruit an experienced and dedicated individual to provide executive administrative support to the General Manager Works. This position will offer the preferred applicant the opportunity to work at a high level across a variety of functions within Council, including Water & Wastewater, Civil Works, Project Management and Assets, Facilities & Fleet. Acting as the primary point of contact for the General Manager Works, this position will involve project assistant activities, addressing routine to moderately complex internal and external enquiries, and providing coaching and leadership to administrative staff within the section.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality professional support and advanced administrative assistance to the General Manager Works.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including other levels of government, business sector and the general public to answer inquiries, arrange appointments and follow up issues on behalf of the General Manager.
- Research and analyse information in order to prepare correspondence, reports to Council, agendas and monitor follow up actions.
- Provide project administration assistance; including conducting research, draft reports, maintain milestone tracking system, manage documentation from project team members.
- Provide support to Council’s Senior Management Team Meetings, including the preparation of agendas, preparation of meeting outcomes and attending to any follow up actions.
- Financial management and expenditure reconciliations.
To be successful in the role you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in providing executive support services to a senior executive in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Professional communication approach, holding a high standard of written and verbal communication styles.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex diary, drafting correspondence and preparing briefing materials for meetings.
- The ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a diverse environment.
- A strong work ethic, accompanied by reliability and adaptability.
- A high level of effective stakeholder engagement and liaison skills.
- High level of computer literacy to assist with efficient production of materials, and adaptability with use of business related systems specific to the organisation.
- Unrestricted drivers licence – ‘C’ class is essential.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.