- Work type: Full-time Permanent
- Location: Mundubbera
- 9-day fortnight
- Professional Development
- Commuter Use Vehicle
- Locality Allowance
Why work with us?
There really is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
Work-life balance, this role offers a 9-day fortnight allowing you to enjoy our beautiful rural location, and relaxed natural environment, while having the space and freedom to explore your potential.
Community and connection, find a sense of belonging and build authentic and meaningful relationships within our close-knit communities.
Affordable living, enjoy a lower cost of living and better housing affordability.
Rural lifestyle, enjoy the rural landscapes, clean air, and laid-back atmosphere.
Rewarding career, this is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Facilities Stream Leader to join the team in providing exceptional services to the community. As Facilities Stream Leader, you will be responsible for leading a dedicated team responsible for maintaining Councils $82million dollars of built infrastructure. The role includes overseeing contracted service providers and projects and ensuring their timely and efficient delivery, as well as providing technical building advice and guidance to the Council and Community stakeholders.
You will hold Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position (e.g. building trade qualifications, Project Management, Cert IV in Building and Construction. You will be able to demonstrate relevant experience in a similar role within Local Government (or the private sector). You will have well-developed communication, consultation, interpersonal and negotiation skills and be able to provide evidence of your knowledge and technical expertise in relation to contractor management, building construction, maintenance and building condition.
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Identify, assess and develop infrastructure/ facility asset management strategies, plans and programs which enhance the organisation’s capacity to deliver high quality, strategic and cost-effective outcomes, ensuring they are relevant to Local Government standards, legislation and required Acts, Codes and Standards.
- Provide high quality customer service, technical advice and assistance to internal and external stakeholders.
- Conduct audits, property assessments and general inspections to ensure infrastructure/ facility asset maintenance and upgrades comply with strategic outcomes.
- Manage and monitor capital and maintenance projects, including quotations/ tenders, contracts and contractor performance.
- Closely manage all works and associated costs to ensure expenditure is kept within budgetary limits.
- Lead change, drive business process improvement opportunities and efficiencies.
- Provide solid and contemporary advice/ leadership and professional development across the Facilities Stream.
- Such other relevant duties as required from time to time which would generally fall within the scope of this position.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding further responsibilities and requirements of this position.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
- Relocation assistance applicable to some roles
Applications close: 10:00pm, Monday 04 March 2024
For further information regarding this position please contact Jane Sutherland, Manager Assets, Facilities and Fleet on 0447 738 841 or Jeni Codner from the People and Performance Team on 0447 153 948 during business hours.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Burnett Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.
Accommodation / housing – the North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/rental accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.