FINAL TRIM GRADER OPERATOR (CONSTRUCTION)
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Gayndah base
- Attractive employment conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Enjoy a work / life balance with Rostered Days Off
North Burnett Regional Council is currently recruiting for the position of Final Trim Grader Operator in the Civil Construction team based in Gayndah. Reporting to the Civil Works Supervisor, the Final Trim Grader Operator will operate a Grader in all situations as determined by the road treatment criteria, and as determined by the project specifications in all aspects of final trim grading of relevant roads within the North Burnett region.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated civil construction knowledge and substantial experience in a similar role, excellent interpersonal skills, value a workplace that holds safety to a high standard, and at a minimum possess a current competency in grader operations (RII) and an unrestricted HR drivers licence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a Grader to final trim all types of road construction to Council’s and the Department of Transport and Main Roads’ Quality Standards.
- Operate a Grader to Councils Quality Standards to perform maintenance grading in line with road treatment criteria’s, including but not limited to; mixing best sourced gravels, and reforming a road incorporating the crown, crossfall, table drains and catch drains to provide a quality finish on the pavement surface to Council’s standard.
- Ensure Workplace Health and Safety standards are adhered too in the day-to-day work.
- Carry out competent plant operation and labouring tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads, including traffic control procedures, kerb and gutter, footpath, concrete drainage etc.
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant / equipment and tools relevant to Civil Construction.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Grader operator competency (RII) and any other additional plant operator competencies desirable.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Current unrestricted ‘HR’ or ‘HC’ class drivers licence.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Certificate (White Card) (or ability to acquire)
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence (or ability to acquire).
- Traffic Control Industry Authority (or ability to acquire – desirable).
- Qualifications (or currently undertaking formal qualifications) relevant to work area, e.g., Certificate III in Civil Construction, Plant Operations or significant experience in the industry.
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills
The preferred candidate will be required to participate in a pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact the People & Performance team on 1300 696 272.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.