- Work type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Eidsvold
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
The Parks and Open Spaces team is a multi-skilled team tasked with the beautification of North Burnett towns, upkeep of the quality rest areas and ‘A grade’ recreational facilities.
The Ganger assists the Parks & Open Spaces Supervisor by leading a small multi-skilled crew to deliver effective and efficient maintenance and development of parks, gardens, cemeteries, public recreational areas and amenities, in line with programmed requirements.
You will have demonstrated leadership experience and ability build a positive and cohesive team while delivering general maintenance and development activities across parks, gardens, cemeteries, public recreational areas and amenities in and around the town of Eidsvold.
With a focus on safe work practices, you will have proven experience within horticulture/gardening and/or landscaping and the maintenance of public conveniences/ amenities. You will be familiar with using and maintaining commercial gardening equipment and tools and have qualifications relevant to the work area.
You will also have demonstrated, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders both within Council and the community.
To be successful you will bring the following:
- Experience leading work teams and knowledge of and experience applying Work, Health and Safety in the work environment.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding occupation, often in noisy conditions.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence – ‘C’ class.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Traffic Management Implementation Program licence.
- ACDC/ Commercial Operator’s Licence.
- Qualifications or undertaking formal qualifications relevant to the work area, (e.g. Certificate III Horticulture and/ or Landscaping).
Benefits of working at Council:
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO) – 9-day fortnight
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
Applications close: 10:00pm, Wednesday 6 September 2023
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Linda Donnelly from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
Due to the nature of these roles, the successful candidates will be physically fit and able to satisfactorily pass Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
Accommodation / housing
The North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/renal accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.