- Full-time, Permanent position
- Biggenden base
- Attractive employment conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Enjoy a work / life balance with Rostered Days Off
North Burnett Regional Council is currently recruiting for the position of Ganger in the Civil Works Traffic team based in Biggenden. Reporting to the Civil Works Supervisor, the Ganger will be part of a multi-skilled team and assist in leading operations with a ‘hands on’ approach, to undertake preventative and reactive maintenance, and / or new construction of road corridor infrastructure as programmed.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated civil construction knowledge and experience in a similar role, excellent interpersonal skills, value a workplace that holds safety to a high standard, and the ability to oversee day to day operations to ensure work is completed to a high standard.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain efficient and effective daily operations of road corridor projects as programmed.
- Assist in the planning and organisation of work, including allocation of tasks within the team
- Provide onsite supervision and contribute positively to the team
- Working with the supervisor to ensure Workplace Health and Safety standards are adhered too in the day-to-day work by the team.
- Carry out plant operation and / or labouring tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads, including traffic control, kerb and gutter, footpath, and concrete drainage works
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant / equipment and tools relevant to Civil Construction.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience:
- Qualifications (or currently undertaking formal qualifications) relevant to work area, e.g., Certificate III in Civil Construction, Plant Operations or significant experience in the industry.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Unrestricted MR class driver licence required as a minimum, HR or higher desirable
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Certificate (White Card) (or ability to acquire)
- Ability to use information and communication technologies such as mobile phones, tablets and desk top computers.
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence (or ability to acquire).
- Plant operator competency/s (RII’s) (desirable).
- Traffic Control Industry Authority (or ability to acquire – desirable).
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills
The preferred candidate will be required to participate in a pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact People & Performance on 1300 696 272.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Wednesday 25 May 2022
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.