- Full-time permanent
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9 day fortnight and generous leave provisions
- Professional development opportunities
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Gayndah
Council has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced ICT professional. The successful candidate will be an integral part of a collaborative and supportive ICT Team providing technical support to the organisation. We are looking for a candidate who will welcome the variety this role will bring to their daily work, someone who possesses strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage their tasks to meet deadlines, and values working in a team environment.
There will be opportunities to undertake challenging projects, including;
- Implementing the next stage of Council’s computer replacement strategy.
- Enhancing workforce efficiencies through implementation and maintenance of the mobile device strategy.
- LAN & Wide Area Network management and maintenance including working on communication sites.
Key Position responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Implement and maintain computer hardware, software, backups, networks, mobile devices, and related systems.
- Support system users with specialist technical advice, troubleshooting and training.
- ICT helpdesk activities, ensuring service requests are correctly prioritised and scheduled jobs are executed.
- Assist in delivering projects such as desktop hardware and software renewals and installations.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of Council’s ICT systems and processes.
Knowledge and experience required for the role:
- Previous experience within a similar role.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills so as to deliver quality internal business services.
- Ability to provide advice and support of a technical nature.
- Relevant tertiary qualification to Degree level and/ or undertaking formal qualifications relevant to the work area with relevant experience.
- Demonstrated absence of a relevant criminal history, (National Police Check).
- Unrestricted C Class drivers license.
Your application should include:
- A covering letter (no more than two pages), detailing your reason/s for applying for the position and how your work experience, skills and knowledge meet the key responsibilities and position requirements.
- A current resume that summarises your employment history, education and training as well as referees.
- A copy of your current drivers licence, and relevant qualifications and certificates
- A completed Position Application Form
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact the People and Performance team on 1300 696 272.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.