- Work type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Gayndah
Why work with us?
There really is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
Work-life balance, this role offers a 9-day fortnight allowing you to enjoy our beautiful rural location, and relaxed natural environment, while having the space and freedom to explore your potential.
Community and connection, find a sense of belonging and build authentic and meaningful relationships within our close-knit communities.
Affordable living, enjoy a lower cost of living and better housing affordability.
Rural lifestyle, enjoy the rural landscapes, clean air, and laid-back atmosphere.
Rewarding career, this is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
North Burnett Regional Council is currently seeking a self-motivated and experienced Labourer for the Parks and Open Spaces team based in Gayndah. This multi-skilled Team is tasked with the beautification of North Burnett towns, maintaining green-spaces and parks plus the upkeep of quality rest areas and ‘A grade’ recreational facilities.
You will have proven experience within horticulture/gardening and/or landscaping and the maintenance of public conveniences/ amenities. You will be familiar with using and maintaining commercial gardening equipment and tools. Qualifications in Horticulture are highly desirable.
Additionally, you will have good communication skills and be able to work effectively in a close-knit team.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be physically fit and able to satisfactorily pass Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Carry out general administrative functions relevant to the work area which are compliant with Council’s policies and procedures, such as:
- Carry out labouring tasks such as; fertilising, irrigation, mowing/ whipper-snipping, weeding, pruning/ hedging, spraying and control of pests, removal and disposal of litter.
- Carry out landscape construction of parks, gardens and playgrounds as required.
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant/ equipment and tools relevant to the work area.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of public spaces, conveniences/ amenities.
- Maintenance of cemeteries, including works pre and post burial.
- Record keeping of work completed, e.g. maintenance schedules, chemical usage.
- Such other relevant duties as required from time to time which would generally fall within the scope of this position.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
Applications close: 10:00pm, Wednesday 13 March 2024
For further information regarding this position please contact Jeni Codner from the People and Performance Team on 0447 153 948.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
North Burnett Regional Council reserves the right to close or withdraw vacancies before the advertised closing date, or extend the closing date, without prior notice.
Accommodation / housing
The North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/rental accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.