- Gayndah, Mundubbera, Eidsvold, Monto, Biggenden & Mount Perry
- Attractive hourly rate plus casual loading & allowances
- On-the-job training provided
North Burnett Regional Council is currently seeking expressions of interest for relief Labourers to support service delivery across the organisation. These positions will be on an on-call casual basis to assist with backfill of our existing staff when they are on planned and unplanned leave, and you may be asked to work at short notice. We would value applicants with the ability to work across multiple sites and departments, including Parks & Open Spaces, Road Construction & Maintenance, Water & Wastewater Services and operating Council’s Waste Management Facilities.
The successful candidates will be team players who are motivated and enjoy working out in the field. You will ideally have experience in some, or all, of the following types of work;
- Mowing of parks & recreational areas, and cleaning of public amenities.
- Undertaking labouring tasks to carry out road maintenance (e.g., filling potholes and installing road signage).
- Maintaining work sites, depots, plant and equipment in a clean and safe condition.
- Assisting with water main repairs and emergency works.
- Assist Waste Management Facility customers with site usage and carry out site maintenance.
Minimum requirements include:
- Unrestricted C class driver’s license.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and safely carry out labouring tasks.
- Ability to carry out tasks requiring the application of basic numeracy, literacy and verbal communication.
As part of Council’s employment screening process, any successful appointment to the role/s would be subject to the candidate satisfactorily passing Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity, please contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497.
Applications close: 10:00pm Wednesday 26th April 2023
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.