- Permanent, full-time position
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9-day fortnight and generous leave provisions
North Burnett Regional Council is currently recruiting for the position of Leading Hand in the Parks and Open Spaces team based in Gayndah. The Parks and Open Spaces team is a multi-skilled team tasked with the beautification of North Burnett towns, upkeep of the quality rest areas and ‘A grade’ recreational facilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the Gayndah Parks & Open Spaces team by providing oversight of work performed by the team and support training.
- Assisting in the planning and organising of work schedules and ensuring work is completed as planned.
- Labouring tasks such as; fertilising, irrigation, mowing/ whipper-snippering, weeding, pruning/ hedging, spraying and control of pests, removal and disposal of litter.
- Landscape construction of parks, gardens and playgrounds as required.
- Safe operation and maintenance of a variety of commercial plant/ equipment and tools relevant to the work area.
- Cleaning and general maintenance of public spaces, conveniences/ amenities.
- Maintenance of cemeteries, including works pre and post burial.
- Record keeping of work complete, e.g. maintenance schedules, chemical usage.
The successful candidate will be a team player and have proven experience within horticulture/gardening and/or landscaping and the maintenance of public conveniences/ amenities. You will be familiar with using and maintaining commercial gardening equipment and tools, and may possess certificate II or III in Horticulture, which would be considered advantageous.
To be successful you will bring the following:
- Unrestricted C class driver’s license.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Ability to carry out tasks requiring the application of basic numeracy, literacy and verbal communication.
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence, or ability to acquire.
- ACDC/ Commercial Operator’s Licence, or ability to acquire.
As part of Council’s employment screening process, successful appointment to the role would be subject the candidate satisfactorily passing Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.