- Permanent, Full-time
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9-day fortnight and generous leave provisions
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Mundubbera
Council is seeking an experienced trade qualified Mechanic to join our Assets, Facilities & Fleet Department. This position will focus on carrying out maintenance and repairs of Council’s mobile and fixed plant and equipment, fault finding and diagnostics in the prevention of breakdowns or unexpected down time of machinery, and will involve travel across the region. The successful candidate will have experience with the maintenance and repair of heavy plant and light vehicles (both petrol and diesel) relevant to the civil construction industry.
- Inspection, service and repair of heavy plant and equipment, trucks and light vehicles.
- Maintaining materials, tools, equipment, service vehicles & workshop area.
- Working safely and effectively as part of a team to achieve daily and project work activities in line with planned fleet maintenance schedules.
- Providing emergency breakdown response across the region.
- Completing and maintaining accurate service and administrative records.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Mechanical trade qualification, and experience in the repair and maintenance of various fleet, heavy earthmoving plant and machinery together with the ability to diagnose and rectify mechanical faults (including air-conditioning, tyre maintenance, hydraulic systems, transmissions and engine components – petrol or diesel).
- Basic computer, numeracy and written skills to enable completion of service records and interpretation of manufacturer specifications.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, with a high regard for work health and safety.
- Unrestricted drivers licence – ‘C’ class is essential (‘HC’ class drivers licence – desirable).
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
For any enquiries, please contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.