- Work type: Permanent Full-time
- Location: Mundubbera based (working across the region as required)
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offers a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role
Council is seeking an experienced and trade qualified Mechanic to join our Assets, Facilities & Fleet Department. This position will focus on carrying out servicing, maintenance and repairs of Council’s mobile and fixed plant and equipment, trucks and light vehicles, fault finding and diagnostics to prevent breakdowns or unexpected down time of machinery.
While our primary workshop is based in Mundubbera, due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will work across the region as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Mechanical trade qualifications relevant to the work area.
- Experience in the repair and maintenance of various fleet, heavy earthmoving plant and machinery together with the ability to diagnose and rectify mechanical faults (including air-conditioning, tyre maintenance, hydraulic systems, transmissions, and engine components – petrol or diesel).
- Basic computer, numeracy, and written skills to enable completion of service records and interpretation of manufacturer specifications.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team, with a high regard for work health and safety.
- Unrestricted driver’s licence – HC class drivers licence.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
Applications close: 10:00pm, Tuesday 26 September 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Linda from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.