PLANT OPERATOR (CONSTRUCTION) – GAYNDAH
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Attractive employment conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Enjoy a work / life balance with Rostered Days Off
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Gayndah
North Burnett Regional Council is currently recruiting for the position of Plant Operator in the Civil Construction team based in Gayndah. Reporting to the Civil Works Supervisor, the Plant Operator will be part of a multi-skilled team undertaking preventative and reactive maintenance, and / or new construction of road corridor infrastructure as programmed.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated civil construction knowledge and experience in a similar role, excellent interpersonal skills, value a workplace that holds safety to a high standard, and at a minimum possess a current competency in roller operations (RII) and an unrestricted HR drivers licence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Carry out plant operation and labouring tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads, including traffic control, kerb and gutter, footpath, and concrete drainage
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant/equipment and tools relevant to Civil Construction.
- Ensure Workplace Health and Safety standards are adhered too in the day-to-day work.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Roller operator competency (RII) and any other additional plant operator competencies desirable.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Current unrestricted ‘HR’ or ‘HC’ class drivers licence.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Certificate (White Card) (or ability to acquire)
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence (or ability to acquire).
- Traffic Control Industry Authority (or ability to acquire – desirable).
- Qualifications (or currently undertaking formal qualifications) relevant to work area, e.g., Certificate III in Civil Construction, Plant Operations or significant experience in the industry.
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills.
As part of Council’s employment screening process, successful appointment to the role would be subject the candidate satisfactorily passing Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact People and Performance on 1300 696 272.
Applications close: 10:00pm, Monday 12 June 2023
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.