PLANT OPERATOR – PLANT RESOURCE POOL (SOUTH)
- Full-time, Permanent position
- Mundubbera or Gayndah base
- Attractive employment conditions
- Professional development opportunities
- Enjoy a work / life balance with Rostered Days Off
North Burnett Regional Council is currently seeking an experienced Plant Operator with Truck & Dog, Tipper and Float experience, to join the southern Plant Resource Pool. This position forms part of a multi-skilled team and will require the successful candidate to work across both the maintenance and construction sections as programmed. This role primarily involves floating plant, equipment and materials across the region depending on the works schedule, and Council would also value the candidates ability to operate a variety of plant and equipment.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated civil construction knowledge and experience in a similar role, excellent interpersonal skills and value a workplace that holds safety to a high standard.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to load and float plant, equipment and materials across the region as required.
- Safely operate and maintain a variety of commercial plant/equipment and tools relevant to Civil Construction.
- Carry out plant operation and labouring tasks in the construction and maintenance of roads, including traffic control, kerb and gutter, footpath, and concrete drainage.
- Ensure Workplace Health and Safety standards are adhered too in the day-to-day work.
Essential skills, knowledge, and experience:
- Minimum of HC drivers licence, MC desirable.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Certificate (White Card) (or ability to acquire).
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment.
- Demonstrated literacy and numeracy skills.
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence (or ability to acquire).
- Additional plant operator experience and competencies desirable (eg; Backhoe, Loader, Roller, Excavator, Grader).
- Traffic Control Industry Authority (or ability to acquire – desirable).
- Qualifications (or currently undertaking formal qualifications) relevant to work area, e.g., Certificate III in Civil Construction, Plant Operations or significant experience in the industry – desirable.
The preferred candidate will be required to participate in a pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact the People & Performance team on 1300 696 272.
Applications close: 10:00pm Monday 12 June 2023
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.