Public Information Announcement 1
Date: Wednesday, 18 October 2017
TIME: 1200 hrs
Topic: SERVICES UPDATE for the North Burnett
WASTE MANAGEMENT FACILITIES CLOSURES
Monto Waste Management Facility is currently closed due to road conditions. The Monto Waste Management Facility will reopen as per normal operating hours Thursday, 19th October 2017, weather and access permitting.
Residents are advised that due to adverse road conditions due to the current wet weather, kerbside bin collections in some areas may be delayed. Wet weather could restrict access for the garbage truck due to the risk of the truck getting bogged on dirt roads or water over roads. The driver will not carry out the normal bin collection if the road is too dangerous to travel on.
If this affects your bin service, please contact the Environmental Health team on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) for alternative arrangements to have your bin emptied. If your bin is not collected by the usual time please leave your bin out on the kerb as there may be a delay with the service.
Council has received advice that Mulgildie and Dallarnil State Schools are closed. For a full run down on school closures see the Qld Govt Department of Education and Training website .
Biggenden – Alascan Rd, Curtis Russell Rd, Emu Creek Rd, Giles Rd, Grills Rd, Lords Rd, Lower Lakeside Rd, Mount Woowoonga Rd, Seccombes Rd, Stevens Rd, Woowoonga Hall Rd
Eidsvold – Abercorn Rd, Grosvenor Rd, Kerwee Rd, Malmoe Rd
Gayndah – Mount Debatable Rd
Monto – Abercorn Rd, Airport Rd, Cannindah Rd, Glencoe Rd at Percy Hindmarsh Bridge-sidetrack impassable, Glen Valley Rd, Harrami Rd, Macks Rd, Monal Rd, Mountain View Rd, Old Rawbelle Rd, Powers Rd, Tellebang Rd, Three Moon Rd, Yarrol Rd, Youlambie Rd
Mount Perry – Elliotts Creek Rd, Greenbank Rd, Kalliwa Rd, Mungy Rd, Park Reserve Rd, Sunday Creek Rd, Tenningering Rd, Yarrol Rd
Mundubbera – Bradleys Rd, Coonambula Rd, Coonambula Eidsvold Rd, Dykehead Rd, Gayndah Mundubbera Rd – CAUTION Water over road, Jaru Rd, Loakes Rd – CAUTION Water Over Road, OBil Bil Rd, Philpott Rd – Road damaged at Philpott Creek Crossing, Reinkes Rd, Riverleigh School Bus Rd, Sehls Rd
- Residents are urged to take road closures seriously and not to attempt to cross flooded roads – even a small amount of water is enough to sweep a large vehicle off the road.
- Flood waters are deadly and run faster and often deeper than most people realise. They also carry debris such as fallen trees which can be very dangerous and cause significant injuries if they hit someone.
- Emergency Management Queensland advises people should avoid driving, walking or riding through flood waters.
- In a life-threatening emergency, which includes vehicles trapped in floodwater people are urged to call triple zero (000) immediately.
- For storm and flood related assistance contact the State Emergency Service (SES) on 132 500.
- See the Department of Transport and Main Roads website for information on traffic conditions or call 13 19 40.
- Don’t forget, “If it’s flooded, forget it!”
For further information please:
- tune into your local ABC radio,
- like Council’s Facebook page,
- see Council’s website,
- phone Council on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC), or
- email Council.
‘Like’ Council’s Facebook page for your single point of truth.