Why work with us?
There is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
- Permanent, Full-time
- Mundubbera based
- A great career opportunity in a passionate and dedicated team
About the role
An exciting opportunity is now available for a self-motivated and forward-thinking Senior Administration Officer to join the Civil Works section.
We are seeking an exceptional administrator who will provide high-level, confidential administrative support and personal assistant functions to the Civil Works Manager and wider Civil Works team.
This is a key role where the successful candidate will be an effective communicator with the ability to establish and maintain key relationships, working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provision of comprehensive and confidential support and personal assistant functions to the Manager some of which have no clearly established practices and procedures.
- Leadership of the Civil Works administration team across a range of localities including supervision and mentoring of staff.
- Liaison with internal and external stakeholders, including other levels of government, business sector and the general public to answer enquiries, arrange appointments and follow up issues on behalf of the Manager, ensuring the provision of timely and accurate information in response to enquiries.
- Research and analyse information in order to prepare correspondence, reports to Council, agendas and minutes on behalf of the Manager and to monitor follow up actions.
- Day to day management of meeting schedules, liaising with key staff regarding workflows and milestones, managing the Manager’s workflows to ensure milestones are met and prioritising work, in a fast paced and often complex environment with competing deadlines.
- Carry out administrative functions including financial reconciliations, preparation of purchase orders, registering of documents, arranging travel, conference registration.
- Organising functions/ events and meetings involving the Civil Works Section.
- Conduct research, draft reports, maintain business tracking system and manage documentation.
- Documentation of administrative practices and processes and development of corporate document templates for the Civil Works area.
- Development of Council organisational practices associated with administrative processes and corporate document templates and provide guidance and support to staff on organisational processes and templates.
To be successful in the role you will possess exceptional administrative skills and will be able to demonstrate:
- Superior organisational and time management skills and ability to manage competing priorities effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to communicate on behalf of a manager.
- Ability to work in a self-managed and independent manner, as well as take direction to align with a manager’s preferred style.
- Advanced problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to work autonomously.
- High level of computer literacy to assist with efficient production of materials, and adaptability with use of business-related systems specific to the organisation.
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence – ‘C’ class is essential.
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
Applications close: 10:00pm, Monday 2 October 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Linda from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
Accommodation / housing – the North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/rental accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.