- Full-time, permanent position
- 9-day fortnight
- Attractive salary with employer contributing up to 12% Super
- Vehicle for commuter use
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
This is an exciting time to be joining the team. North Burnett Regional Council offer a dynamic working environment with opportunities for professional development and initiatives to support a healthy work/life balance.
About the role:
North Burnett Regional Council is currently recruiting for the position of Senior Project Manager (Maintenance). Reporting directly to the Civil Works Manager, this role is pivotal in leading the technical team across a broad range of transport infrastructure initiatives with a specific focus on RMPC, maintenance and corridor management projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and coordinate the delivery of Council projects including the establishment of the project management plan; including a resource plan that will ensure outcomes are achieved within budget and timeframes that are in line with Council and statutory requirements.
- Prepare project briefs, tender documentation, carry out tender evaluation and undertake project management including supervision of staff and contractors.
- Oversee site construction of awarded contracts and day labour works including site inspections.
- Engage with internal and external key stakeholders in relation to project delivery and completion including Government agencies, community members and contractors.
Experience within Local Government is highly desirable. Successful candidates will also hold tertiary qualifications in an Engineering, Construction or Project Management focused discipline.
Benefits of working at Council
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Generous leave provisions
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Rostered days off (RDO)
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
- Relocation assistance applicable to some roles
For further information regarding this position please contact Linda from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accommodation / housing – the North Burnett Region offers affordable accommodation options, particularly if you are looking at getting into the housing market. Contact our local real-estate agents directly to discuss potential opportunities. If you are looking for short-term/rental accommodation, again, please contact our local Real Estate agents directly to discuss suitable options.