SENIOR WATER & WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR
- Full-time permanent position
- Achieve work/ life balance with RDO’s and generous leave provisions
- Professional development opportunities
- On-call roster with generous pay provisions for call-outs and overtime
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Biggenden
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a Senior Water & Wastewater Treatment Operator to join the Water and Wastewater team in Biggenden. You will be accountable for the safe, reliable and efficient delivery of the water and wastewater services provided by Council by ensuring the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment plants, pumping stations and associated infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the Biggenden Water & Wastewater team by providing oversight of work performed by the team and support training.
- Assisting in the planning and organising of work schedules and ensuring work is completed as planned.
- Operate and maintain the water and wastewater treatment plants and water and wastewater pump stations e.g. valves and pumps, chemical usage, clarification, biological treatment and disinfection.
- Monitor, control and optimise process performance in response to water and wastewater quality and or hydraulic variations.
- Identify faults and operational condition of plant and report in accordance with statutory requirements.
To be successful in this role you must possess the following:
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Current unrestricted ‘C’ class driver’s licence.
- Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Certificate III in Water Industry Operations or equivalent.
- Traffic Management Implementation Program Licence (or willingness to acquire).
- Working in Confined Spaces competency (or willingness to acquire).
- Working at Heights competency (or willingness to acquire).
- Vaccinated against Hepatitis A and B
As part of Council’s employment screening process, successful appointment to the role would be subject to the candidate satisfactorily passing Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497.
Applications close: 10:00pm, Wednesday 28 September 2022
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.