Technical Officer (Fleet)
- Permanent full-time opportunity
- Achieve work/ life balance with a 9-day fortnight and generous leave provisions
- Location: the naturally beautiful North Burnett – Mundubbera
An exciting opportunity exists for a suitably qualified and experienced Technical Officer (Fleet) to join our dynamic Assets, Facilities & Fleet team. The Technical Officer (Fleet) is responsible for delivering contemporary fleet management services and assisting in the planning and management of fleet assets across the organisation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Senior Mechanic to schedule the planned and unplanned maintenance of plant.
- Contribute to the development of a preventative maintenance regime.
- Monitor/ analyse defect information and pre-start records to detect and report failure trends.
- Maintain the Fleet Management Database and generate reports as and when required.
- Assist with maintaining legislative compliance for all and plant and equipment.
- Assist with managing the utilisation of fleet resources including the sourcing of dry hire plant and equipment as required.
- Assist with the commissioning of new plant and equipment, including consultation with end users.
- Assist with the management of fuel utilisation and workshop stores.
To be successful in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy skills including experience in the operation of Microsoft Officer suite applications such as excel, access and word, or similar complimented by sound data analysis skills.
- Demonstrated numeracy, written and verbal communication skills including ability to provide contemporary advice in relation to fleet management.
- Unrestricted drivers’ licence – ‘C’ class is essential.
- Possess a Work Safe in the Construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card).
- Fleet Management Certificate with specialised skills sufficient to perform at this level; or extensive experience in a similar role and undertaking relevant study in this work area.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.