TRAINEE ADMINISTRATION OFFICER (WORKS)
Council has received funding under the Queensland Government Skilling Queenslanders for Work – First Start Program to introduce an exciting traineeship opportunity. If you are looking for an entry level position, and/or an opportunity to learn some new skills and have a keen interest in your community, then a Local Government traineeship could be the job for you.
- Full-time maximum term (1 year)
- 9-day fortnight
- Study on the job and attain a Certificate III in Business Administration
As a Trainee Administration Officer in the Works Section, you will get the opportunity to learn an administrative skill set in the Local Government environment, while undertaking study to attain a Certificate III in Business Administration.
This traineeship will allow you to further develop your interpersonal, organisational and communications skill, as well as exposing you to a range of essential duties such as:
- Create documents, e.g., correspondence, reports, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Assist with calendar bookings, e.g., schedule meetings and book venues.
- Records management, e.g., ensure inward and outward correspondence, reports, emails, personnel information is files accordingly to record management practices.
- Assist with the coordination and set up of meetings and events.
- Data entry, e.g., maintain and update Council’s business systems, databases and registers.
- Customer Service, e.g., answer incoming phone calls, provide over the counter service, process payments, follow up on Customer Service Requests.
Who is eligible to apply?
The First Start Program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers, to be eligible you must also be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship.
- We welcome applications from school leavers through to mature-age job seekers (adult trainee/ apprentice wages may be applicable)
Disadvantaged groups to be targeted include:
- young people (aged 15–24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care
- long-term unemployed job seekers
- mature-age job seekers (aged 45 years or older)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with disability
- displaced workers
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families.
Your application will need to include:
- Cover letter
- NBRC Job Application Form
- Completed ‘Busy at Work’ Apprentice / Trainee Information Form
- Copies of licences, qualifications, certificates / tickets
Applications close: 10pm, Thursday 8 June 2023
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact the People & Performance team on 1300 696 272.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.