TRAINEE WATER AND WASTEWATER TREATMENT OPERATOR – MUNDUBBERA
Council has received funding under the Queensland Government Skilling Queenslanders for Work – First Start Program to introduce an exciting traineeship opportunity within the Water & Wastewater team in Mundubbera. If you are looking for an entry level position, and/or an opportunity to learn some new skills and have a keen interest in your community, then a Local Government traineeship could be the job for you.
- Location: Mundubbera
- Full-time maximum term (2 years)
- 9 day fortnight
- Study on the job and attain a Certificate III in Water Industry Treatment
This traineeship will allow you to further develop your interpersonal, organisational and communications skill, as well as exposing you to a range of essential duties such as:
- Assist with collecting samples and conducting relevant laboratory test, and maintaining records of same.
- Assist with the construction and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure (e.g., water main breakage repairs).
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the water and wastewater treatment plants and pump stations (e.g., valves and pumps, chemical usage, clarification, biological treatment and disinfection).
Who is eligible to apply?
The First Start Program primarily targets young Queensland school leavers and disadvantaged job seekers, to be eligible you must also be:
- aged 15 years or older and no longer at school
- able to meet citizen, residency and visa requirements to undertake a traineeship
- We welcome applications from school leavers through to mature-age job seekers (adult trainee/ apprentice wages may be applicable)
Disadvantaged groups to be targeted include:
- young people (aged 15–24 years), including those in and transitioned from out-of-home care
- long-term unemployed job seekers
- mature-age job seekers (aged 45 years or older)
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- migrants and refugees from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- people with disability
- displaced workers
- women re-entering the workforce
- veterans, ex-ADF personnel and their families.
Your application will need to include:
- Cover letter
- NBRC Job Application Form
- Completed ‘Busy at Work’ Apprentice / Trainee Information Form
- Copies of licences, qualifications, certificates / tickets
Applications close: 10pm, Thursday 8 June 2023
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact the People & Performance team on 1300 696 272.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
BUSY AT WORK INFORMATION FORM