WASTE MANAGEMENT ATTENDANT
- Permanent part-time hours (Wednesday 11:30am – 4:30pm, Friday 11:30am – 4:30pm and Sunday 12:30pm – 4:30pm)
- Positions vacant at Monto, Mount Perry, Eidsvold & Biggenden
- Attractive hourly rate and employment conditions
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking to recruit several enthusiastic individuals at a number of our Waste Management Facilities across the region- including Monto, Mount Perry, Eidsvold and Biggenden. These positions will be on a permanent part-time basis and you will be required to undertake customer service, labouring and maintenance duties to deliver a high-quality waste management service to the North Burnett community in accordance with environmental and waste management standards.
- Record waste amounts disposed at the facility and taken from the facility.
- Monitor waste disposed at site to ensure compliance with site disposal specifications.
- Assist customers with site usage and process applicable waste disposal fees via cash or EFTPOS transactions.
- Carry out routine maintenance (vegetation control, collection of windblown waste, and upkeep of the site in line with environmental and workplace and public safety standards).
To be successful in this position you must possess the following:
- Work Safe in the construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card), or be able to attain.
- Current C class drivers licence (or higher).
- Experience in providing effective and quality customer service.
- Sound computer skills and be able to use a tablet to record waste amounts.
- General understanding of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
- Ability to work in an environment with standard work practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and carry out labouring tasks.
- Successfully complete Council’s pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
Training and development to gain specific knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
For any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People and Performance team on 1300 696 272.
Applications close: 5:00pm, Friday 10 December 2021
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.