- Work across Gayndah, Biggenden and Mount Perry
- Attractive hourly rate and employment conditions
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live, work and play than naturally beautiful North Burnett. Home to 6 main townships plus quaint villages, the region boasts incredible National Parks, is agriculturally diverse, and offers an idyllic relaxed lifestyle.
About the role:
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking to fill the position of Waste Management Attendant for our southern Waste Facilities.
This is a casual position, working between facilities at Gayndah, Biggenden and Mount Perry. You will be required to undertake customer service, labouring and maintenance duties to deliver a high-quality waste management service to the North Burnett community in accordance with environmental and waste management standards.
This employment opportunity provides the successful applicant the opportunity to obtain a better understanding of waste management operations and recycling opportunities that are offered within the region. Waste Management is an essential service provided by Council to our community.
Note: depending on the successful candidate’s skills, tickets and experience, there may also be the opportunity to undertake labouring tasks within Council’s Civil Works or Parks and Open Spaces teams.
- Record waste amounts disposed at the facility and taken from the facility.
- Monitor waste disposed at site to ensure compliance with site disposal specifications.
- Assist customers with site usage and process applicable waste disposal fees via cash or EFTPOS transactions.
- Carry out routine maintenance (vegetation control, collection of windblown waste, and upkeep of the site in line with environmental and workplace and public safety standards).
To be successful in this position you must possess the following:
- Work Safe in the construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card) or be willing and able to attain this.
- Current unrestricted C class driver’s licence (or higher).
- Experience in providing effective and quality customer service.
- Sound computer skills and be able to use a tablet to record waste amounts.
- General understanding of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
- Ability to work in an environment with standard work practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and carry out labouring tasks.
- Successfully complete Council’s pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
Benefits of working at Council:
- Be part of a passionate and talented team
- Competitive salaries, plus 12% superannuation
- Healthy work/ life balance
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Employee ‘Study Assistance’ scheme
- Employee Assistance Program for work or non-work-related matters
Applications close: 10:00pm, Tuesday 26 September 2023
For further information regarding this position please contact Rachael Duncan Environment Stream Leader on 0475 825 928 or Linda Donnelly from the People and Performance Team on 0499 781 280 during business hours.
Please refer to the Position Description for full details regarding the responsibilities and requirements of this position.
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To be considered for this position, you must have adequate unrestricted rights to work in Australia.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we would love to learn more about you and appreciate your application.