- Casual – Attractive hourly rate and employment conditions
- Biggenden, Gayndah & Mount Perry
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking to recruit responsible individuals at our Waste Management Facilities across the towns of Gayndah, Biggenden & Mount Perry. These are on-call casual roles to assist with backfill for our existing staff when they are on planned and unplanned leave and you may be asked to work at short notice. You will be required to undertake customer service, labouring and maintenance duties to deliver a high-quality waste management service to the North Burnett community in accordance with environmental and waste management standards.
- Record waste amounts disposed at the facility and taken from the facility.
- Monitor waste disposed at site to ensure compliance with site disposal specifications.
- Assist customers with site usage and process applicable waste disposal fees via cash or EFTPOS transactions.
- Carry out routine maintenance (vegetation control, collection of windblown waste, and upkeep of the site in line with environmental and workplace and public safety standards).
To be successful in this position you must possess the following:
- Work Safe in the construction Industry Induction Certificate (White Card), or be able to attain.
- Current C class drivers licence (or higher).
- Experience in providing effective and quality customer service.
- Sound computer skills and be able to use a tablet to record waste amounts.
- General understanding of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
- Ability to work in an environment with standard work practices and procedures.
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment and carry out labouring tasks.
- Successfully complete Council’s pre-employment medical and functional assessment.
Training and development to gain specific knowledge and skills relevant to this position will be supported.
As part of Council’s employment screening process, successful appointment to the role would be subject the candidate satisfactorily passing Council’s medical and functional assessment based on the physical and safety requirements of the position.
For any enquiries relating to the role, please do not hesitate to contact Anna from the People & Performance team on 0436 846 497 (business hours) or the Environment Stream Leader – Rachael Duncan on 1300 696 272 (business hours).
North Burnett Regional Council is a drug and alcohol free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.