11 – 15 September 2023
North Burnett Regional Council is conducting a Wild Dog and Feral Pig Baiting Control Program.
To take advantage of this baiting program all participants must pre-register with Council by 5pm Thursday, 7 September 2023.
- Mundubbera – Monday 11 September – Treatment Plant Road – Stockpile Area
- Eidsvold – Tuesday 12 September – Redbank/Eidsvold-Theodore Road Corner
- Monto – Wednesday 13 September – Langs Road Gravel Pit
- Gayndah – Thursday 14 September – Brian Pastures Road
- Biggenden – Friday 15 September – Bull Pen – Isis Highway
The following conditions MUST be adhered to:
- Landholders must bring their rates notice to the baiting centre.
- Baits must not be placed closer than 3km distance from a town.
- Landholders are required to supply their own meat (cut to size)
– Wild Dog meat baits are 250g.
– Feral Pig baits are 500g.
- Meat must not be frozen or contain fat, bone, or fur.
- All participants must bring sealed and labelled containers to carry the baits.
- Notification must be given to all adjoining landholders at least 72 hours in advance.
- A record of the notifications must be kept and presented to the LPO on the day.
- An “Authority to Sign” form is required if you intend to pick up baits on behalf of properties owned
by different landholders.
- Please consider providing your own PPE to pick up injected meat and/or grain.
Landholders that do not comply with these conditions will NOT have their intended meat baits injected with 1080.
All conditions must be adhered to as per S7 Departmental Standard – (Dealing with Restricted S7 poison invasive animal control).
If you wish to bait at a different time in the program, or need further information, please contact our Environment team on 1300 696 272 or firstname.lastname@example.org