Building and Plumbing
A Building Development Application is required to be submitted to a Building Certifier for most building works undertaken within the Council area. An application usually consists of the appropriate Application Forms, plans, reports and the relevant application fee.
You may lodge your application at any of the Councils regional offices.
Building Inspection requests must be received 48 hours prior to the time required.
For further information please contact the Development Services Department on 1300 696 272 or download an information pack below:
- Information Sheet 1 – Class 1a 1b Dwellings Verandahs Patios
- Information Sheet 2 – Class 10a Shed
- Information Sheet 3 – Class 10b Swimming pool, Spas
- Information Sheet 4 – Commercial Buildings Information
- Information Sheet 5 – Restumping or Raising a Building
- Information Sheet 6 – Relocating a building
- Information Sheet 7 – Plumbing and Drainage
- Information Sheet 8 – Shipping Containers (non-habitable)
- Information Sheet 9 – Affordable Housing
To download the Application Forms and Guidelines please click on the following link to the State Governments Department of Housing and Public Works website: Building Forms
To find out the current application fees, please contact Council on 1300 696 272 or visit our fees & charges webpage here.
Approvals and Public Notifications
- Decision Notices
- Statement of Reasons
- Exemption Certificates
- Public Notification
Amenity and Aesthetics
Council adopted an Amenity and Aesthetics Policy at its Policy and Standing Committee Meeting held on 4 November 2015. The objective of the Policy is to set Council’s position with regard to particular types of Class 1a and Class 10 development, particularly where these types of developments may have an extremely adverse effect on the amenity, likely amenity, or may be in conflict with the character of a North Burnett locality. Section 2 of the Policy provides a list of various building works that may fall into these categories.
The Amenity and Aesthetics Policy is available here
The Amenity and Aesthetics Application Form is available here
A Plumbing Application is required to be submitted to Council for most plumbing and drainage work carried out on/to domestic and/or commercial buildings/properties. Plumbing and Drainage, amongst other things, can consist of new or additional plumbing fixtures (eg. toilets, basins, baths).
An application usually consists of the appropriate Application Forms, plans, reports and the relevant application fee.
Once the relevant information is collated you may lodge these details together with the application fees at any of Council’s Regional Offices.
Plumbing Inspection requests must be received 48 hours prior to the time required.
- plumbing and drainage information pack
- Application Forms are available on the State Government’s Department of Housing and Public Works website: Plumbing Forms
- Current application fees can be found on the fees and charges page on our website
Please contact the Development Services team on 1300 MY NBRC (696 272) for any further information.