Website Privacy Collection Notice
This statement has been prepared in accordance with the Federal Privacy Commissioners Guidelines for Federal and ACT Government World Wide Websites.
Recording your visit
- Your server address.
- Your top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc).
- The date and time of your visit to the site.
- The pages you accessed and documents downloaded.
- The previous site you visited.
- The type of browser, computer platform and screen resolution you are using.
No attempt will be made to identify individual users or their browsing activities except, in the unlikely event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect computer logs.
Recording your e-mail address
Collecting personal information
We will not collect or solicit personal information via this site which would be unlawful, unnecessary or unrelated to the functions or activities of Council, or unfair or unreasonably intrusive.
Because there are risks associated with using the Internet as a transmission medium, when we use electronic forms to collect information we will also provide you with other options for providing the information – for example, a paper form and mailing address and a telephone contact.
When collecting your personal information, Council must follow Privacy Principles as set out in the Information Privacy Act 2009. Any personal information collected must be:
- Directly related to or necessary for a lawful purpose or Council function
- Relevant, up-to-date and complete
- Collected fairly and lawfully
- Stored safely and securely
If you feel Council has done something with your personal information that is contrary to the Information Privacy Act, you may make a complaint by contacting Council’s Privacy Officer on 1300 696 272.
For more information on the Information Privacy Act 2009 or your privacy rights, please visit the Office of the Information Commissioner’s website by following this link http://www.oic.qld.gov.au.