Choose your language:

Text resizer:

Roadside Burning

North Burnett Regional Council is responsible for the management of all local rural roads within its boundary and therefore plays a key role in the conservation and management of remnant vegetation that exists within the roadside reserve.

All landowners undertaking roadside fuel reduction or roadside vegetation clearing are required to gain written approval from Council prior to the burn or clearing.

Not all plant species are adapted to fire, but to a particular fire regime. We encourage landowners to prepare for Fire and ensure adequate firebreaks are put in place to protect property, people’s safety and minimise the effects on protected species.

Council will assist in providing information on threatened species to ensure landowners do not impact on nationally or state-protected species.

Landholders can apply to burn local road reserves and other Council controlled reserves that are adjacent to their properties. If a landholder wishes to burn a State-controlled road, they must contact the Department of Main Roads and Transport.

For further information regarding roadside burning please refer to the Roadside Burning in the North Burnett Region Information Sheet.

To apply to burn a rural roadside please complete the Application for approval to burn a rural road reserve or other Council Controlled Reserve. To view or print click on the link above.

Don’t forget to get a fire permit from your local fire warden as per normal.