Waste Collection Services
Can I receive a waste collection service?
The current charge for a weekly 240L waste collection service is listed below:
|Residential Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applied to each bin serviced for properties in Differential Rate Categories Other than 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.||$275.00|
|Commercial Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applied to each bin serviced for properties in Differential Rate Categories 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.||$330.00|
|Premium Service (240L refuse service)||Charge applies to each bin serviced. Application must be made for this service.||$553.00|
|Infirmed Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applies to each bin serviced. Application must be made for this service.||$275.00|
What to do on garbage collection day?
Your bin must be placed on the kerbside before 6.00am on collection day and must be correctly positioned with the lid opening facing the street. Always check that your bin is not obstructed by vehicles and overhanging trees.
- All bins must be brought to the front of the property and the bin placed adjacent to the kerb and channel
- Where there is no kerb and channel, the bin should be placed in a safe location as close as possible to the verge of the road and be visible to the driver
- Bins must be not be placed on the road
- Residential customers are encouraged to place the waste bin out the night before their collection day
- No overhanging branch or obstructions are to be above the bin
- No obstructions are to be within 450mm of the bin e.g. signs posts, power poles or parked cars
- Where a group of bins is to be collected, e.g. flats, the bins should be placed at least 450mm apart
What can’t be placed in my bin for collection?
- Residents must NOT place hot ashes or regulated waste (e.g. asbestos) into their bin for collection.
- Vacuum dust, grass clippings, kitty litter, Styrofoam etc. should be placed in a bag before putting these items in the waste bin, so they don’t disperse when the bin is emptied.
- Jamming plastic wrapping, cardboard boxes, glass etc. into the base of the bin may result in the bin not emptying completely; partial emptying of the waste bin is not the Council or Contractor’s fault
The bin should not be overfilled. Bins weighing over 70kg cannot be emptied by the waste collection truck.
Missed Collection day?
Please contact JJ Richards and Sons if your bin has been missed during collection on 1300 654 659.
Wheelie Bin repairs / replacement
Exemption for Placing Refuse Bin on Footpath
To view the Waste Facility Opening Hours please click here.