Waste Collection Services
Council provides a mandatory weekly 240L refuse collection service for residents within the Defined Refuse Area. A voluntary refuse collection service is also provided to some rural residential areas within the region. All 240L refuse collection services are currently contracted to JJ Richards & Sons. If you would like an extra 240 L bin, you can order one using the Garbage Collection Form. There will be a fee for extra bins ordered.
Can I receive a waste collection service?
Please contact Council’s Environmental Health Department on 1300 696 272 to determine if your property is able to receive a weekly 240L waste collection service. Please note that there will be an adjustment to your Rates Notice if you apply for a waste collection service. Fees will apply.
The current charge for a weekly 240L waste collection service is listed below:
|Residential Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applied to each bin serviced for properties in Differential Rate Categories Other than 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.||$319.00|
|Commercial Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applied to each bin serviced for properties in Differential Rate Categories 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13.||$386.00|
|Premium Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applies to each bin serviced. Application must be made for this service.||$645.00|
|Infirmed Garbage (240L refuse service)||Charge applies to each bin serviced. Application must be made for this service.||$319.00|
Wheelie bins remain the property of Council. The bin should not be removed from the property.
What to do on garbage collection day?
Your bin must be placed on the kerbside before 6.00am on collection day and must be correctly positioned with the lid opening facing the street. Always check that your bin is not obstructed by vehicles and overhanging trees.
- All bins must be brought to the front of the property and the bin placed adjacent to the kerb and channel
- Where there is no kerb and channel, the bin should be placed in a safe location as close as possible to the verge of the road and be visible to the driver
- Bins must be not be placed on the road
- Residential customers are encouraged to place the waste bin out the night before their collection day
- No overhanging branch or obstructions are to be above the bin
- No obstructions are to be within 450mm of the bin e.g. signs posts, power poles or parked cars
- Where a group of bins is to be collected, e.g. flats, the bins should be placed at least 450mm apart
What can’t be placed in my bin for collection?
- Residents must NOT place hot ashes or regulated waste (e.g. asbestos) into their bin for collection.
- Vacuum dust, grass clippings, kitty litter, Styrofoam etc. should be placed in a bag before putting these items in the waste bin, so they don’t disperse when the bin is emptied.
- Jamming plastic wrapping, cardboard boxes, glass etc. into the base of the bin may result in the bin not emptying completely; partial emptying of the waste bin is not the Council or Contractor’s fault
The bin should not be overfilled. Bins weighing over 70kg cannot be emptied by the waste collection truck.
* Monto Township is split between Wednesday and Thursday. Contact Council’s Environmental Team for further information, on 1300 696 272.
Missed Collection day?
Please contact Council on 1300 696 272 if your bin has been missed during collection.
Wheelie Bin repairs / replacement or request an extra bin service for your property
Damaged bins will be repaired or replaced by North Burnett Regional Council at no cost to the resident if the damage is the result of normal use. If your wheelie bin is damaged, then please submit a Garbage Collection Form or contact Council on 1300 696 272.
Exemption for Placing Refuse Bin on Footpath
Council provides an exemption for placing refuse bin on footpath service for residents within the North Burnett. Supporting documentation is required for this application. For further information in regards to this service, contact Council’s Environmental Services Team.
To view the Waste Facility Opening Hours please click here.