North Burnett Transport Service
North Burnett Regional Council, under contract with the Queensland Government (Translink), is pleased to offer the North Burnett Transport Service in the region.
The service provides comfortable, convenient and affordable transport options to assist residents and visitors wishing to travel to larger regions such as Bundaberg, Childers and Maryborough, with convenient stops encompassing hospitals, train stations, transit station and local shopping centres.
The return service also caters for tourists wishing to travel to our ‘Naturally Beautiful’ region.
Services available include:
- Tuesday – Mundubbera to Bundaberg
- Wednesday – Mundubbera to Bundaberg (via Eidsvold), connects with an ‘On Demand’ service from Monto to Ceratodus (provided by North Burnett Transport Service)
- Thursday – Mundubbera to Bundaberg
- Friday – Mundubbera to Maryborough
- Our Service connects with the Tilt Train on Tuesday and Thursday mornings in Bundaberg, and Friday morning in Maryborough.
- Passengers who are connecting to the Tilt Train in Maryborough need to book train tickets in advance as there is not a ticket booth at the station.
- Tickets for the Wednesday “Monto to Eidsvold (On Demand) Service” must be purchased before 2:00pm each Tuesday.
- There is no pick-up or drop off at the Bundaberg Coach Terminal in Targo Street, Bundaberg due to closure of the terminal.
- Australia Day – Friday, 26 January 2024
- Good Friday – Friday, 29 March 2024
- Anzac Day – Thursday, 25 April 2024
- Christmas Day – Wednesday, 25 December 2024
- Boxing Day – Thursday, 26 December 2024
For further information on the North Burnett Transport Service, timetable and fare information or to make a booking, please see the below link, call into one of Council’s Customer Service Centre’s or phone Council on 1300 696 272.
Click to read our Online Payment Terms & Conditions.
Download Forms Here
Not for Profit Information
The North Burnett Transport Service is giving not-for-profit organisations within the North Burnett the opportunity to access bus transport at minimal to no cost. The sponsorship will include an accredited driver in one of Council’s 9 or 18 seater air-conditioned buses with wheelchair access.
Eligible applications could include:
- A courtesy bus for a local community event to ensure the safe transport of local residents to and from the event;
- Support the regions youth to travel to attend sporting or cultural events;
- Transport our senior residents to another town to enjoy a social outing;
- And much more!
Early applications are invited and should be received no later than two weeks before the travel date. Each application will be assessed on driver and coach availability, not-for-profit status and benefit to North Burnett region and its residents.
For further information on the North Burnett Transport Service or the application form (including Terms and Conditions) contact Council on 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) and ask to speak to our Transport Service Administration Officer or email email@example.com.
Note: By clicking Book Now, you are accepting the Terms & Conditions of Travel.