Choose your language:

Text resizer:

Property Access

If you wish to build or modify a driveway or property access, you will need to apply to Council for approval.

Property owners are responsible for the construction and maintenance of their driveways and property accesses even though they are located on the road reserve.

The Standard Drawings below, which can be downloaded, give further information on Council’s requirements, or view the handy Property Access Application and Fact Sheet.

An application needs to be submitted prior to the commencement of any work.

Council officers will work with you to help you through the process if required.

Further information can be obtained by contacting 1300 696 272 or emailing