Our Region, Our Council
About our Council
Our region covers 19,700 square kilometres of diverse Australian countryside, shared amongst six main townships: Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mt Perry, Mundubbera, and an additional 25 villages and farming catchments.
We have a long and proud history of development, prosperity, and resilience. With readiness we also face challenges including distance, drought, flood, and connectivity.
We administer $868 million in assets, including six libraries and customer service centres, five swimming pools, as well as various major infrastructure and equipment. We maintain a network of 829 kilometres of sealed and 3318 kilometres of unsealed roads within the region.
Our strategic direction is determined by the Mayor and Councillors, in consultation with the community. Our leadership team provides advice to the Mayor and Councillors and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the organisation.
Our organisation consists of the Office of the CEO, Civil Works and Corporate Services Directorates:
- Office of the CEO – Elected representative support, Governance, Native Title Liaison, Strategic Projects and Advocacy, Media and Communications
- Civil Works – Disaster Management and Preparation, Asset Management, Community Facility Maintenance, Caravan and Recreation Parks, Council Housing, Aerodromes, Community Sporting Fields and Facilities, Showgrounds, Street Lighting, Urban Streets, Rural Roads, Rural Addressing, Bridges, Public Conveniences, Gravel Pits and Quarries, Fleet Maintenance, State Government Road Works, Swimming Pools, Washdown Bays, Urban Water Delivery, Urban Sewerage Services
- Corporate Services – Human Resources, Workplace Health and Safety, North Burnett Transport Service, Customer Experience, Libraries, Key Regional Community Events, Community Projects, Community Capacity Building, Museums and Galleries, Community Grants, Sporting Groups Capacity Building, Community Gyms, Records Management, Finance, Stores and Purchasing, Leasing and Contracts Management, ICT, Planning and Development Services, Building and Plumbing Services, Local Laws and Compliance, Natural Resource Management, Waste Management Facilities,, Economic Development Partnership and Streetscape Program, Tourism Promotion
Courageous Leadership. Community Empowerment. Continuous Improvement
A prosperous future for generations built on a solid foundation of customer focused, efficient, and effective service delivery
North Burnett Regional Council’s culture is driven through the following values:
- Getting things done well, on time and in budget
- Passion for our region and in our work
- Respectful behaviour toward all people
- Teamwork where everyone’s strengths are utilized
- Creativity, innovation and ideas
- Courage to always do what is right
- Challenging the status quo
- Learning from mistakes without placing blame
- Open and honest communication