Bicentennial Park features a steel sculpture trail depicting the region’s people and wildlife.
Murals to see:
- Town Hall mural
- Library building – collaboration featuring local artists celebrating the history of the Mundubbera Art Gallery
- Jaycee Park (Black Stump Rest area) – Mural by Indigenous artist, Malcolm Brown
- Water Tower – “Meeting of the Waters” Mural. Larger than life with detail to match! A must see in Mundubbera!
Mundubbera Regional Art Gallery is found on Lyon Street and is open Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 11.30am, 12.30pm – 4.30pm, Saturday 9am – 12pm, Sunday and public holidays closed.
RM Williams Australian Bush Learning Centre’s gallery space features local and exhibiting artists with a ‘bush theme’. The Centre is open Monday – Friday: 8.30am – 4.30pm, Weekends: 10am – 2pm.
The ‘Language of the Land’ sculpture at the RM Williams Australian Bush Learning Centre is the backdrop for the daily Light and Sound Show. This award winning sculpture has incredible detail honouring Eidsvold’s culture, history and heritage.
Street Art – in the main street there are buildings that have been painted by Indigenous community members featuring traditional and contemporary techniques.
Monto has a vibrant public art trail across town. Here’s an interactive map of the public art trail in Monto (click here):
Monto Art Bucket List:
- Three Moon Silos
- Murals on walls in Newton Street
- Water Tower in Rotary Park
- Painted Cow Trail
- Art Gallery at the Monto Historical Complex (open Thursday 10am – 1pm)
- Lister Street Sculpture Art Walk
- Water Tank Art
Pat Augustine Cultural Centre is home the Shelly Kelly Art Gallery that features local and touring artists. The Centre is also home to a wallpaper collection of Mt Perry born Florence Broadhurst originals. Florence was known internationally for her bright and vibrant prints on wallpaper.
To confirm your visit please contact Patty 0428110854.