When there has been heavy rain, it is important to protect yourself against mosquito bites. Not only are they irritating, mosquito bites can also spread disease. Different types of disease-carrying mosquitoes can bite at different times of the day, so it’s important to protect yourself at all times. Here are some ideas to help you reduce the risk of mosquito bites.
- Install or repair insect screens on all doors and windows, especially in sleeping areas.
- Use insect repellent containing DEET or Picaridin, to protect against mosquito bites.
- Wear long, loose clothing to help protect yourself from bites (light coloured clothes are best).
- Use a plug-in insecticide vaporiser (indoors) or mosquito coils (outdoors).
- Use a mosquito net when camping.
For further information, contact Council’s Environmental Health team on 1300 696 272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1300 696 272 | email@example.com