Council maintains a network of 829 kilometres of sealed and 3318 kilometres of unsealed roads within the region. In addition to this, we maintain Queensland Government roads, consisting of another 671 kilometres of sealed and 56 kilometres of unsealed roads, under a contract with the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
The major operations in maintaining these roads include bitumen patching, pavement repair, gravel re-sheeting, grading, and slashing. Council is also responsible for roadside facilities including street lighting, signs and line marking, footpaths, kerbing and storm water drains.
Construction work is undertaken on a priority basis, with the Council adopting a forward program of works. Construction projects are prioritised based on criteria such as traffic volume, network linkages, safety, asset condition, school bus routes, freight routes for primary production, tourist routes, amenity, public image and expectations. The program can be affected by outside influences such as disasters/emergencies, individual road failures, significant external contributions, increased industry or development activity in a particular area.
- Maintenance Grading Zone 1 – Old Rawbelle Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 2 – Glencoe Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 3 – Selene Hall Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 4 – Greenbank Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 5 – Waterloo Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 6 – Mungy Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 7 – Brian Pastures Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 8 – A Creek Road
- Construction Crew North – Youlambie Road, Medium Formation Grade Works
- Construction Crew South – Berries Road – Transport Infrastructure Development Scheme Re-sheeting
- Resource Crews South – Monogorilby Road – Yesberg Earthmoving contractor resheeting
You can view the Forward Program of Works here.
Council’s Parks and Open Spaces crews will be undertaking the following projects in addition to general planned parks and open spaces maintenance.
- New Gutters are being installed at Jaycee Park shelter, Gayndah
- Removal of old table, seat and concrete slab from shelter and new slab and table and chair setting being installed at Jaycee Park, Gayndah
- Turfing the footpaths in Eidsvold next to the Eidsvold Hotel
- Removing trees from the road edge on the causeway on Wetheron – Ginoondon Road
1300 696 272 | firstname.lastname@example.org