Council will be conducting a coordinated 1080 baiting program for the control of wild dogs and feral pigs in Spring, 2022. This is a free service for landholders.
To take advantage of this baiting program all participants must pre-register with Council before close of business on Wednesday 21st September, 2022.
|Tues 27th September||Mundubbera||TO BE ADVISED|
|Wednesday 28th September||Eidsvold||Redbank/Eidsvold-Theodore Road Corner|
|Thursday 29th September||Monto||Langs Road Gravel Pit|
|Tuesday 4th October||Gayndah||Mt Perry & Taylors Road Corner|
|Wednesday 5th October||Gayndah||Brian Pastures Road|
|Friday 7th October||Biggenden||Bull Pen – Isis Highway|
The following conditions MUST be adhered to:
- Landholders must bring their rates notice to the baiting centre.
- Baits must not be placed closer than 3km distance from a town.
- Landholders are required to supply their own meat (cut to size)
- Wild Dog meat baits are 250g
- Feral Pig baits are 500g
- Meat must not be frozen or contain fat, bone or fur.
- All participants must bring sealed and labelled containers to carry the baits.
- Notification should be in writing / email / phone call and must be given to all adjoining landholders at least 72 hours in advance.
- A record of the notifications must be kept and presented to the Land Protection Officer on the day.
- An “Authority to Sign” form is required if you intend to pick up baits on behalf of properties owned by different landholders.
Landholders that do not comply with these conditions will not have their intended meat baits injected with 1080. All conditions must be adhered to as per S7 Departmental Standard – (Dealing with Restricted S7 poison invasive animal control).
If you wish to bait at a different time in the program, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact NBRC’s Environment Admin, by contacting 1300 696 272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
1300 696 272 | email@example.com