Council are conducting a coordinated 1080 Baiting Program for the control of wild dogs and feral pigs in Autumn 2022. This program is available to all eligible landholders.
The following conditions MUST be adhered to:
- Landholders must bring their rates notice to the baiting centre.
- All adjoining neighbours must be notified of intent to lay baits at least 72 hours prior.
Record of date of contact via letter/email/phone must be kept.
Neighbour notification record must be presented on day of baiting.
- Landholders are required to supply their own meat (cut to size).
Wild dog baits: 250g
Feral pig baits: 500g
Meat must not be frozen or contain fat, bone or fur.
- All participants must bring containers which are sealed and labelled to carry injected meat baits.
- An ‘Authority to Sign’ form is required if you intend to collect baits on behalf of another property owner.
- Baits must not be laid within 1km of any habitation or within 3km of town.
- Property must be a minimum of 40ha to receive baits.Landholders who do not comply with these conditions will NOT have their meat injected with 1080.
Land Protection Officers will be available at the below dates and locations for this program:
- Tues 26th April – Mundubbera Council Works Depot, Mundubbera-Durong Rd
- Wed 27th April – Gayndah Brian Pastures Rd
- Thu 28th April – Eidsvold Redbank/Eidsvold-Theodore Rd corner
- Fri 29th April – Biggenden Bull Pen, Isis Highway
- Tue 3rd May – Monto Landfill gravel pit, Langs Rd
- Wed 4th May – Eidsvold Hollywell/Kerwee Rd corner
- Thu 5th May – Gayndah Mt Perry/Taylors Rd corner
To register, please contact Council by Tuesday 19 April 2022:
1300 696 272
or register via the online form.