Choose your language:

Text resizer:

Do You Need a Food Business Licence???

Jul 25, 2017 | Front Page Feature, News

It is a requirement under the Queensland Food Act 2006 that all food businesses operating certain food handling activities such as restaurants/cafes must hold a Food Business Licence with their Local Council.

A home based business or market stall are popular ways to start a new food business.

There are also specific requirements for non-profit and government organisations.

While these food businesses are exempt from the licensing requirements and associated provisions, such as food safety supervisors and food safety programs, they are still required to comply with all other aspects of the Food Act 2006 and the Australian Food Standards.

These food businesses may be inspected, if needed, and are subject to the same offences and enforcement methods as a licensed food business.

Please contact the North Burnett Regional Council’s Environmental Health Department 1300 696 272 (1300 MY NBRC) to find out if you need a Food business Licence or refer to Council’s website or email here.