Choose your language:

Text resizer:

Recovery Waste Services

Domestic Waste Collection

Kerbside collection is happening as normal. If you have any concerns please contact Council on 1300 696 272.    

Recovery Skip Bins

Council has provided skip bins at Dallarnil for affected residents to utilise.

Waste Management Facilities 

Operating as normal – please double-check facility operating times here.

Recovery Assistance

Financial Assistance

The Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA) is available to the North Burnett area following recent floods associated with ex-tropical Cyclone Seth.
  • Eligible residents who have suffered can now access grants of up to $180 per person, or up to $900 for a family of five or more, as well as grants to safely reconnect essential services.
  • Personal hardship assistance to Dallarnil township includes access to immediate support grants, $200 towards safety inspections for essential services and up to $4,200 towards essential repair work to reconnect electricity, gas, water, sewerage/septic systems.  For information on Personal Hardship Assistance, contact the Community Recovery Hotline 1800 173 349 or visit
  • Low interest loans of up to $250,000 are available to help flood impacted primary producers and small businesses in the North Burnett to get back on their feet as soon as possible.  For more information on loans for primary producers and small businesses phone Queensland Rural and Industry Development Authority on 1800 623 946 or visit
  • Freight subsidies of up to $5,000 will also be made available to eligible primary producers in these areas who experienced inundation.  For information on the freight subsidies visit or phone the DAF Customer Service Centre on 13 25 23.
  • Extraordinary Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants of up to $50,000 are available for affected producers following Ex-Tropical Cyclone Seth, 7 – 10 January 2022 to hire or purchase equipment and materials, clean up, remove debris, replace fencing and other costs associated with the recovery process. Producers should take photographs of the direct damage to accompany their application. Visit
Information on disaster assistance can be found on the Queensland Reconstruction Authority’s website at
State Government: Community Recovery Assistance: Activated Location – Dallarnil
  • Emergency Hardship Assistance Grant: up to $180 per person (up to $900 for a family of 5 or more) for people unable to meet their immediate essential needs for temporary accomodation, food, essential clothing and medication. It can take up to five days for payments to reach you bank account.
  • Essential Household Contents Grant*: One-off payment for households who are uninsured or unable to claim insurance as a contribution towards replacing or repairing essential household contents. Up to $1,765 for single adults and up to $5,300 for couples/family. *income test applies see flyer.
  • Structural Assitance Grant: One-off payment towards the cost of repairs to uniunsured, owner-occupied homes to ensure the home is habitable, secure and safe. Up to $10,995 for single adults and up to $14,685 for single adults and up to $14,685 for couples/families.
  • Essential Services Safety and Reconnection Grant: To help owner/occupied households reconnect essential services that were damaged by a disaster. Up to $200 towards a safety inspection for each essential service needing reconnection (electricity, gas, water and sewerage/septic system) and up to $4,200 towards repair work.

Apply online or for more information: or call 1800 173 349.

Federal Assistance – Disaster Recovery Allowance
The Disaster Recovery Allowance provides a short-term income support payment to assist individuals whose income has been affected because of this disastrous event. The Allowance is available for up to 13 weeks, equivalent to the maximum rate of Jobseeker Payment or Youth Allowance. If you’re eligible for the Disaster Recovery Allowance, you will need to claim this over the phone by calling the Australian Government Emergency Information Line on 180 22 66. Check your eligibility at

Federal Assistance – Disaster Recovery Payment

The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment is a one-off, non-means tested payment of $1,000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children. This payment is available to anyone in North Burnett who has suffered a significant loss, including a severely damaged or destroyed home, serious injury or who have lost a family member. The easiest and fastest way to claim the Disaster Recovery Payment is online through myGov. Check your eligibility at
Funding of up to $5,000 (Level 1) and $20,000 (Level 2) may be available for eligible sport and active recreation organisations located in areas declared under the Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA).
To be eligible for funding under Level 1, an organisation must be located in a Local Government Area (LGA) listed as activated for either “Personal Hardship Assistance” or “Reconstruction of Essential Public Assets” on the Queensland Government’s Disaster Management website.

Level 1 provides up to $5,000 in funding to assist in immediate clean-up efforts. This may include:

  • replacement of damaged equipment that directly relates to the re-establishment of activities (including office and canteen equipment)
  • payment of services and hire costs, and purchase of equipment and tools that assist in short term clean-up of facilities
  • reimbursement for the purchase of the above made from the date of the relevant disaster
  • funds for repairs and replacements when this amount is lower than the premium excess set by the insurance provider
  • excess coverage for insurance claims.

Read the program guidelines (PDF, 269 KB) to review eligibility aspects and supporting documentation required for a Level 1 application.




BlazeAid will be establishing a Camp at the Biggenden Showgrounds to assist with the agriculture infrastructure damage from recent flooding.
BlazeAid are a volunteer-based organisation that works with families and individuals in rural Australia after natural disasters such as fires and floods. Working alongside the rural families, volunteers help to rebuild fences and other structures that have been damaged or destroyed.
If your property has been damaged you can register to have BlazeAid volunteers working with you.  Do you want to lend a hand?  Community members can become BlazeAid Volunteers and assist your own community, no experience required.  Community Groups can also support by providing meals to the camp after a hard days work.
Farmers and Community members are invited to attend an information session next Thursday night, 20th January at the Biggenden Showgrounds.  More information to come.
To register for assistance or to help contact Bill and Bev, Camp Coordinators, on 0427 155 061.
For more information on the amazing work BlazeAid do visit their website.
Business Advice
Business LEAP are offering independent and obligation free advice and suggestion regarding business operations and plannings for businesses that have been affected by the recent flooding event.
For more information contact Jason on 0477 772 195 or view their website here.

Rural Financial Counseling Service – Southern QLD

RFCS provide free, impartial and confidential planning and support services to primary producers and small
To view their list of services including contacts for RFCS financial advice counsellors, as well as QRIDA, ATO and other volunteer assistance agencies – click here.

GIVIT – The Smart Way to Give

GIVIT is the smart way to give to people and communities recovering from an emergency or disaster.

Donations made via GIVIT provide critical and immediate support. And we’re also there for the long run supporting people as they re-establish homes and as communities recover.

Givit partners with state and local governments and work really hard to find out exactly what affected people and communities need. In fact, we ask them. Then we listen. And then those needs are listed here. You see, we trust that local councils, charities, recovery agencies and community groups know what their community needs. It might be clean bottled water, blankets and mattresses, or food and fuel vouchers for people who can’t return home.

GIVIT works directly with support organisations that have been through GIVIT’s registration process which ensures they are respected and genuinely helping the community recover. They ask for donations on behalf of the vulnerable people they’re assisting.

Our aim is to make sure people devastated by disaster get exactly what they need to recover, where and when they need it. We also want to make it really easy for our wonderful donors to have the greatest possible impact.

Visit to register for donations or to make a donation.

Community Support Services

The North Burnett Community Services offer support and counselling to residents affected by the severe weather event. If you need any information or support contact our office on 41654690, alternatively visit 

Mental Health and Wellbeing

Phone Support

If you or someone you care about is distressed, in crisis or needs someone to talk to, call:

  • 1300 MH CALL – 1300 642 255 (24/7 Queensland Health)
  • Lifeline: 13 11 14 (24/7)
  • Beyond Blue: 1300 224 636
  • Headspace Gympie: 5482 1075 (for young people aged 12-25) or 1800 650 890
  • Kids Helpline: 1800 551 800 (24/7)
  • 1800 RESPECT (National Sexual Assault, Domestic Family Violence Counselling Service): 1800 737 732
  • DVConnect: 1800 811 811
  • Qld Homelessness Hotline (24/7) 1800 474 753
  • Parentline: 1300 301 300
  • Mensline: 1300 789 978 (24/7)
  • Redcross Telecross: 1300 885 698
  • Rental Tenancy Authority: 1300 744 263
On-line Resources
Road Conditions
For updated information regarding current emergency news and road conditions, please visit the Disaster Dashboard.
Animals and Livestock

Council has received reports of missing animals and livestock.  If you come across an animal or livestock, which you suspect is missing from a property please contact Council on 1300 272 696 or the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries

AgForce and DAF Flood Map Survey

AgForce and the Department of Agriculture and Fisheries (DAF) are collecting information from producers using an online map which provides access to a survey where producers can report the flood extent on their property, animal welfare concerns and damage assessment. 

Alternatively to the online map, producers can also call the DAF on 13 25 23 to take the impact assessment over the phone. These reports will also help determine the need for additional assistance to the impacted communities.