North Burnett Regional Council Celebrates Youth Week – 11-15 April 2023
If you are looking for exciting school holiday activities for your children, Professor Stupendous will be returning to the North Burnett for Youth Week, from 11-15 April 2023. This time, our adopted Professor will be joined by the Brilliant Mr B – the funniest tennis coach this side of the universe. There will be everything from inspiring the next generation of tennis super stars, super fun games, robotics and even a science show. Mount Perry youth won’t miss out, either. A FREE bus will run from the Mount Perry Bus Stop to Eidsvold, so you can join in on the fun! Book your spot on Eventbrite or by calling Council on 1300 696 272.
Public Meeting – Eidsvold 28 April 2023
A public meeting has been called, to be held in the Eidsvold Community Hall on Friday 28 April 2023, commencing at 7.00pm. Mr Colin Boyce MP, the Federal Minister for Flynn will be visiting the Eidsvold Community to listen to concerns regarding the decommissioning of the Eidsvold Television Re-Transmitter Tower.
Mr Bryson Head MP, the State Member for Callide was also invited to attend this meeting, however Mr Head is unavailable due to prior commitments. North Burnett Regional Councillors have been invited to attend this meeting also.
The purpose of the meeting is to provide the Eidsvold Community the opportunity to be updated on the position of television re-transmission towers that are to be decommissioned on 30 June 2023, or on an early date, should the equipment fail. Your attendance to this meeting would be appreciated.
Meeting details as below:
Date: Friday 28 April 2023
Location: Eidsvold Community Hall
Coordinated 1080 Baiting Program – 2-10 May 2023
North Burnett Regional Council is conducting a coordinated Wild Dog and Feral Pig Baiting Control Program. Please note, to take advantage of this baiting program all participants must pre-register with Council before close of business on Thursday 27 April 2023.
|Tuesday 2 May 2023||Mundubbera||Treatment Plant Road – stockpile area|
|Wednesday 3 May 2023||Eidsvold||Redbank/Eidsvold-Theodore Road corner|
|Thursday 4 May 2023||Monto||Langs Road gravel pit|
|Friday 5 May 2023||Biggenden||Bull Pen – Isis Highway|
|Tuesday 9 May 2023||Gayndah||Brian Pastures Road|
|Wednesday 10 May 2023||Gayndah||Mount Perry-Taylors Road corner|
The following conditions must be adhered to:
- Landholders must bring their rates notice to the baiting centre.
- Baits must not be placed closer than 3 km distance from a town.
- Landholders are required to supply their own meat (cut to size)
- Wild Dog meat baits are 250g
- Feral Pig baits are 500g
Meat must not be frozen or contain fat, bone or fur.
- All participants must bring sealed and labelled containers to carry the baits.
- Notification should be given in writing/email/phone call and must be given to all adjoining landholders at least 72 hours in advance.
- A record of the notifications must be kept and presented to the Land Protection Officer (LPO) on the day.
- An “Authority to Sign” form is required if you intend to pick up baits on behalf of properties owned by different landholders.
Landholders that do not comply with these conditions will NOT have their intended meat baits injected with 1080. All conditions must be adhered to as per S7 Departmental Standard – (Dealing with Restricted S7 poison invasive animal control).
If you wish to bait at a different time in the program, or need further information, please do not hesitate to contact NBRC’s Environment Admin, by contacting 1300 696 272 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wide Bay Burnett Regional Plan Briefing
Recently a briefing for the Draft Wide Bay Burnett Regional Plan 2022 was held in Hervey Bay. The Department has been assessing feedback received during the consultation period and is preparing to release the plan later this year. The focus of the plan is to:
- attract and retain people in the region,
- promote workforce opportunities,
- enhance the region’s existing economic strengths while growing emerging industries and
- reinforce the region’s positive reputation for liveability and community.
It will set a 25-year vision for the region, that identifies what is most important for the future of Wide Bay Burnett.
Civil Works Update
- Maintenance Grading Zone 1 – Youlambie Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 3 – Stanley Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 4 – Cannindah Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 6 – Smiths Road, Mungy Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 7 – Back Derra Road, Beronne Road
- Maintenance Grading Zone 8 – Ross Crossing Road, School Bus Road, Rockmelon Lane
- Maintenance Grading Zone 9 – Longatong Road, Paradise Road, Mount Shamrock Road
- Construction Crew North – Glencoe Road – NHVR Upgrade
- Construction Crew South – Landy Street, Beeron Road, Burnett Hwy Pavement Repair
- Resource Crew North – Coppin Road Re-Sheet, Old Rawbelle Road
- Resource Crew South – Bradleys Road
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly on 0458 696 272, or email@example.com or your Divisional Councillor, if you would like to address any concerns. Our contact details can be found on Council’s website:
1300 696 272 | firstname.lastname@example.org