Council Seeks Mingo Crossing Caravan Park Caretaker Service
Council is seeking a Caretaker Service for the popular Mingo Crossing Caravan Park. Mingo Crossing is located in beautiful natural surrounds, at 2670 Gayndah Mount Perry Road, Mingo 4625 and is central to Mount Perry, Biggenden and Gayndah townships.
The important role of the Caretaker is to make welcome all patrons and provide caravan park services that are always of the highest standard and quality, ensuring that the Mingo Crossing Caravan Park is maintained and operated in accordance with Council’s Scope of Work, which can be viewed in the Request For Quote document which can be found in this recent public notice.
We request that all applications for the role be made to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 24 February 2023. If you have any queries about Mingo Crossing Caravan Park, or related questions, please do not hesitate to reach out by phoning Council on 1300 696 272.
Desert Rose Mobile Service Centre
The Australian Government Mobile Service Centre is coming to the North Burnett throughout February 2023, providing information about Government payments and services for rural families, older Australians, students, job seekers, people with disability, carers, farmers and self-employed people. The service will visit each of the townships on the following dates:
- Biggenden: 15 February 2023, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Gayndah: 16 February 2023, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Mundubbera: 17 February 2023, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Monto: 20 February 2023, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Eidsvold: 21 February 2023, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
- Mount Perry: 22 February 2023, 9:30 am – 4:00 pm
Community Engagement Framework and Policy
Council is committed to inclusive and transparent community engagement activities and outcomes. To reaffirm this commitment, Council has developed a draft community engagement framework and policy and is seeking public feedback on the documents.
The developed framework details Council’s aspirations to proactively engage the community, where engagement will likely be value adding, while also ensuring a level of consistency when deciding to engage and conducting engagement activities. In developing the framework, Council considered industry best practice, with much of the framework underpinned by the International Association for Public Participation (IAP2) Community Engagement Model and the IAP2 Public Participation Spectrum. The draft framework document and policy is currently advertised for public exhibition, and is available at this link, and community feedback is welcome until 5:00 pm on 28 February 2023.
Little Athletics Opening Ceremony
It was an exciting and memorable weekend for the Gayndah Little Athletics Club, last weekend on the 4 and 5 February 2023, with the successful hosting of the Central Coast Regional Athletics Championships. Athletes from Gladstone, Bundaberg, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Isis (Childers), Burrum, Monto and Gayndah showed off their competitive spirit and athletic ability over the two (2) days. Many of these athletes will now go onto State Championships in Townsville, in March 2023. I had the honour of officially opening the event on Saturday 4 February 2023 and welcoming everyone to the North Burnett region. It was great to see so many visitors and see first-hand, that sporting events are a great way to draw visitors and showcase the North Burnett. Thank you to the organising officials and parents who take the time and effort to support and encourage our youth in their athletics events.
Mount Perry Art Gallery Opening – 28 January 2023
On Saturday 28 January 2023, Councillors Giddins and Payne attended an open event at the Mount Perry Art Gallery. The gallery’s latest exhibition features wallpapers, art and designs by internationally recognised designer Florence Broadhurst, who was born at Mungy Station in Mount Perry. Florence was also known for her flamboyant clothes and antique jewellery.
President Helen Downs welcomed approximately 40 people to see the opening of newly created copies of Florence’s wallpaper prints, which have been applied to the entrance walls of the art gallery. The exhibition is showing until 27 February 2023 and the gallery is open to visitors from Tuesday to Thursday, from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Special Council Meeting – 6 February 2023
Council held a Special Meeting on Monday 6 February 2023, to discuss the Eidsvold digital TV transmission tower shut down. The following motion was adopted:
1. To decommission all digital television retransmission equipment at the Eidsvold tower with a view to effecting shutdown on the following date – 30 June 2023 and
2. Should retransmission equipment fail at any time prior to 30 June 2023 that renders the retransmission inoperable, then retransmission shutdown will be from the date of the failure. Contrary to some public opinion, this matter is a Federal Government issue, where Council funds are being redirected as a cost shifting exercise, instead of the Federal Government providing this retransmission service. Ongoing discussions are being held with State and Federal Representatives.
Civil Works Update
– Maintenance Grading Zone 2 – Folleys Gully Road
– Maintenance Grading Zone 4 – Yarrol Road, McLeods Road
– Maintenance Grading Zone 6 – Back Benyenda Road
– Maintenance Grading Zone 7 – Bradleys Road
– Maintenance Grading Zone 8 – Yerilla Road
– Maintenance Grading Zone 9 – Aberdeens Road
– Construction Crew North – TMR Reseal Prep
– Construction Crew South – TMR Reseal Prep – Stabilisation
– Resource Crew North – Glencoe Road – NHVR Upgrade
– Resource Crew South – New Cadarga Road
Wetheron Creek Bridge (Wilson Valley Road): Repairs in progress.
As always, please do not hesitate to get in touch with me directly on 0458 696 272 or email@example.com or your Divisional Councillor if you would like to address any concerns. Our contact details can be found on Council’s website www.northburnett.qld.gov.au/meet-your-councillors
1300 696 272 | firstname.lastname@example.org