On Saturday, 27 August 2022, Cr Dael Giddins represented Council at the SES Week Awards Ceremony. There were approximately 130 members and official guests in attendance at the annual event, which recognises SES members who have performed outstanding contributions to the service.
SES members were presented National Medals, Clasps and Special Awards by Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Commissioner, Greg Leach, Deputy Commissioner, Stephen Smith, SES Regional Manager, Ms Angela Everist, and other respected dignitaries. This year the men and women of the SES have performed 75,000 hours of training and volunteering, some of which was conducted in very dangerous situations.
Ms Angela Everist addressed the audience with a captivating description of time, “Time, we can’t buy it or manufacture it. Time, it is a gift and volunteers dig deep to give their time. We say a big thank you for giving your time so freely”.
The North Burnett region was well represented at the ceremony, by Gayndah and Biggenden units, with the following members presented with medals and special awards:
- Nick Hodge, Gayndah – Special Award for outstanding contribution to the SES, through continued commitment of service to the Gayndah SES Group
- Michael Imhoff, Biggenden – Special Award for outstanding commitment to North Burnett SES Units and 10 years Meritorious Service Medal
- Kerri-Anne Cretney, Biggenden – 10 years Meritorious Service Medal
- Brian Lowe, Biggenden – 10 years Meritorious Service Medal
- David Wilson, Gayndah – 15 years National Medal and 15 years Clasp
The Monto SES Unit were also presented with a new 5.3 metre flood boat trailer and outboard motor, valued at $99,282.
If you are interested in becoming an SES Volunteer, please get in touch with Local Controller, Mr Brian Lowe on 0427 611 663 or visit www.qfes.qld.gov.au/about-us/frontline-services/state-emergency-service.
1300 696 272 | email@example.com